Version 1.3- August 9, 2008
- Fixed a minor UI bug where not all references were updated when the “Rename ProgID to File Type” preference was changed.
- About/Help link now points to this program’s own landing page instead of it’s blog category.
- The information url comment in exported .reg files has been updated to this program’s own page instead of it’s blog category.
- The program now checks for updates automatically when it is launched. This can be disabled in Advanced Configuration.
- A couple of additional minor UI adjustments (including a misspelled word in the error dialog- whoops!).
- Added a dialog to enable the deletion of both an extensions and ProgID’s.
- Fixed an rare bug that caused an immediate crash (both XP and Vista) based on information from online crash reports.
- Fixed a bug where extensions without ProgID’s would have a blank Friendly Type Name instead of EXT File, which is what Windows Explorer shows.
- Program identification comment at the top of generated .reg files now includes the version number.
- Moved the “Include extensions without a ProgID” checkbox to the extensions filter options list.
Several interesting changes in this release. Also, I’ve enabled comments on the blog.